Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PS4 Platform Update (July 2017)

kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 331 Plex Employee
edited July 18 in PlayStation

It has been a while since we did a PS4 platform update (just over a year ago, even though we've been updating the app itself pretty frequently) so here is another year another platform update!

• Added support for USB Keyboard/Harmony Remotes!
  • Devices in North and South America no longer need PSN connectivity to start Plex
  • Devices in the rest of the regions have a less restrict PSN connectivity policy (eg. should be able to start Plex when PSN is down for maintenance)
  • General performance and stability improvements

The update should be available to North and South American users immediately, World wide release will be happening later this week.

The update will show up as version 1.02

Answers

• jfsikorajfsikora Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

Thanks for the update. Any progress with the pro and 4K?

• gtosnipeygtosnipey Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass
    edited July 19

Just downloaded this update for the PS4 and I can't play ANY of my movies with Dolby Digital anymore, I get no sound. The audio for the files say (AC3 5.1) and it shows Dolby Digital at the bottom. And because it's on the PS4 I can't revert back to an older version. I have tested multiple movies. Assistance would be great thank you.

• steventimssteventims Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am also unable to play audio with anything Dolby digital since the update.

• kay.onekay.one Plex Engineer Vancouver, CanadaMembers, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 331 Plex Employee
  • Foxhoundep3Foxhoundep3 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

@jfsikora said:
    Thanks for the update. Any progress with the pro and 4K?

I thought it was already displaying 4K ? When I play a movie it tells me it’s 4K, is this not the case?

I’m more curious about the channels and DVR features. Hopefully we get those soon. Thanks for the update.

• hymness1hymness1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

I'm having some trouble with using Plex with my Harmony remote. I can't find the "Back button". The "Play" button act as the "Select" button, whereas on PMP on PC it plays the media directly.

Can you give me some insight? Thanks

• KarlDagKarlDag Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1,678 Plex Pass

@kay.one said:
    please use https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/280080/ps4-v4-72-plex-v1-02-no-audio to track the audio issue.

Please update us about 4k, hevc support on the pro. Thanks

• steventimssteventims Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am having more success with using the Logitech Harmony Remote controls with the most recent Plex App update for PS4. However, I am unable to use the "Back" or "Circle" button through the harmony remote to control my ps4 or within the Plex application. I even tried to map the circle/back button to a new button on the remote, with no luck. It looks like @hymness1 is also struggling with this. Any advice?

• thermalzombiethermalzombie Members, Plex Pass Posts: 6 Plex Pass
    edited August 4

Hi I just noticed this thread and I just checked my version of the Plex app on PS4 and I have version 1.01 do I have to delete the current app and reinstall to get the update.

Checking for update using options button did not find any.

I checked version by selecting the app and pressing the options button then selecting information.

@thermalzombie said:
    Hi I just noticed this thread and I just checked my version of the Plex app on PS4 and I have version 1.01 do I have to delete the current app and reinstall to get the update.

I checked version by selecting the app and pressing the options button then selecting information.

Do the same thing and select “check for update”

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

I did no update found I mentioned it in my original post? "Checking for update using options button did not find any"

@thermalzombie said:

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

I did no update found I mentioned it in my original post? "Checking for update using options button did not find any"

That’s weird. I would try deleting and installing then. I’m not sure what my version is, I’ll check when I get home.

edited August 5

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

That’s weird. I would try deleting and installing then. I’m not sure what my version is, I’ll check when I get home.

Thanks for you reply.

Update: Deleted and re-installed still version 1.01 is the update not available in Australia?

• belo83belo83 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited August 11

this update broke some stuff. dolby digital doesn't work UNLESS you turn the audio playback option off... which is weird. And also when i go to tv shows view all, I only see 3 titles, but if I go to recently added or recently watched etc. I can access my shows.

what did you guys do?

• enz1eyenz1ey Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass

I've been through so many threads on Reddit and these (practically useless) forums here, and still have yet to find a solution or answer to using the PS4 app when your server is behind a reverse proxy and you publish a custom network over any port other than 32400.
    Are you guys ever planning on letting the PS4 connect to a PMS on any port other than 32400? Literally any other client can, why not the PS4?
    Glad to know I pay for a Plex Pass at this point for the sole reason of supporting Plex, but you guys just consistently ignore the community to come out with dumb **** nobody wants, like news channels. Meanwhile, if I'm running PMS on any custom port, the PS4 is a useless brick. This is why people move to Emby.

• ZippyMcNastyZippyMcNasty Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

@thermalzombie said:

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

@Foxhoundep3 said:

@thermalzombie said:

Thanks for you reply.

Update: Deleted and re-installed still version 1.01 is the update not available in Australia?

Same problem in New Zealand, no update 1.02 available