For the millionth time; music on android does not work - playback "randomly" freezes all the time
So.. I'm tired of paying for a product that does not work.
When playing music on with the Android app, after a handful of songs (seems a bit random), the music cuts off.
The "playing" icon is still showing as "playing", and pressing it multiple times (to stop/start again) does not work.
The only thing that can be done is to skip a track forwards/backwards, with resumes play.
I have tested this under many scenarios.
First, the phones I have tested with.
1) LG G3
2) Nexus 6
3) Nexus 6p (two of them!)
4) Huawei P9
5) Huawei P10 (my current phone)
I have always used the latest version of the app
Onto the headsets, I have tested both wired and bluetooth ones, cheap and expensive
1) Bose QC15
2) Bose QC30
3) Bose QC35
4) Sony mdr-1000x (two of them!)
5) Here One
Then a variety of cheap, **** buds that come bundled with phones
Onto the app, I have tested several scenarios here too
1) Music synced to phone (artists, albums and playlists)
2) Streaming directly from the server
No matter what I do, the aformentioned behaviour bug happens.
This sucks, because as an app I subscribe to (pay for!), where music is supposed to be a huge selling point, it is essentially useless as a music player.
Then there's Android itself. I have tried to single out different versions of android, rooted and otherwise, but to no avail. I even figured it might be something as simple as incoming notifications interfering with playback, but disabling anything and everything does nothing to remedy the issue.
Working out, jogging, driving, cycling.. sitting on my ass.. any activity really, becomes extremly frustrating where I have to restart playback every few songs.
I have researched this problem extensively, and found reports from many users both in the official forums and on reddit, some of which date back MANY YEARS (!), yet nothing has been done to remedy the problem.
So here's my suggestion
Step 1) Stop ignoring your users
Step 2) Start debugging this problem. I know it's hard to debug, and that it appears "random", but speaking as a developer, I know that there's always a cause for **** like this. So please, please start looking into this, stop ignoring posts like mine, and get back to us with some transparency about what you are doing to fix this.
In advance, thanks.