If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DVR / Live TV support on rPi?

derekcentricoderekcentrico Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I did a quick search and didn't see an answer to this one... Apologize is I didn't look well enough.

Does anyone know if there will be support for the DVR and LiveTV functionality on Rasplex?

Answers

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 317Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, but I have never tried it so I cant tell how good its the experience. I guess it shouldnt be an issue as most of the work is handled by the server

https://github.com/RasPlex/RasPlex/wiki/LiveTV

• stedanielsstedaniels Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That documentation doesn't appear to be correct. :-(

• Vaughan01Vaughan01 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone know of another skin that can do this? or what version of RasPlex last supported this if i wanted to roll back?

I'm dieing to connect my TVH backend up to plex without using a channel!

• kwburks22kwburks22 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It would be really nice if LiveTV was added to Rasplex. I have it working on my Plex Server with over air antenna, can't watch it from the rasplex.

• kidkickidkic Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Would also want LiveTV to Rasplex.

• kwburks22kwburks22 Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 12

I got this sort of working with the HDGrandSlam channel. It works pretty well. Just make sure you get the mpeg2video license for your Pi's. I pulled 68 channels in the DC area. Can watch them through the Rasplex now with no issue. Watched several NFL games this weekend in very high quality HD (better than FioS/etc I could tell a difference).

The Web Gui just started allowing me to watch via that as well in the last release but it is a tad buggy right now. Would love the program guide, recorded programs pushed through to the main menu in our RasPlex's to make life easier. It's evolving but this feature to me anyways really pushes it toward a legitimate cord cutting device or at least quite a bit that direction. Just need Amazon/Hulu/or Netflix to work as a channel. (Not sure that will ever happen, might if Plex keeps growing in popularity)