If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot optimize films more than once

jmaas28jmaas28 Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is doing my head in: I have been searching and trying for days. Please help!

I have optimized some films for mobile incorrectly, not realising I needed to have the sub-titles selected to get them burned into the resultant mp4 file. I have deleted the optimized files and their directories and have also deleted the optimized versions in PMS. However, when I queue them back up PMS either thinks they have already been optimized for mobile, and tells me so, or it politely tries and thinks it has in a matter of seconds (and doesn't). Are there flags set somewhere that I'm not seeing? I don't want to delete the films and rip them again because, in many instances, I no longer have the original. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Best Answer

• jmaas28jmaas28 Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Are you still there?

I think I've cracked it. In Conversion / Optimized Versions Settings I clicked on the line entry "Films" (or whatever your movie library is called). The brought up a dialogue box that lists all films and how they have been managed (Complete, Deleted, or Failed). It's a manual check (why can't there be an exceptions report?) but I saw that the films I was trying to re-optimize were in their as Failed. I clicked on the relevant icon and queued then up again. Assembly, one of the films PMS kept skipping, just successfully completed in this way. Latest log attached.

I need to research "Deleted" to see if this has impact on my library because I haven't authorised the deletion of any optimized versions.

Answers