If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync run slow , by mistake through the WAN interface.

I have the same problem:

@martinbaines said:
I have an up to date Plex Media Server running on a Linux server. I can sync with no problem to my Android devices. Sync is horribly slow to the point of being useless.

Conversion completes okay, then transfer starts. Monitoring network usage, the speed looks suspiciously identical to what the uplink speed would be on my ADSL connection (which is slow being in a rural area). After a while the app then usually fails with ""tranfer failed, network error" at some point long before a single transfer has copied over.

Network access from the server to the PC works just fine with files regularly copied each way.

As another data point, I just tried playing "live" from the server, and got a message my connection was not fast enough for the content. That also implies it is somehow trying to go over my uplink and not doing direct play. Direct Play works just fine on my Smart TV (on the same network) and other forms of file transfer from the PC happen at a decent rate.

What is going on?

from this https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/278943/sync-very-very-slow-and-regular-fails#latest

Media server v1.7.6.4058
Windows app 3.2.20-25990c77

i've tried to edit the server settings on the app, but there is no way.
i've tried to set in plex advanced network settings the local LAN address follow this https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200430283-Network but nothing.
is there any way to "force" sync through LAN interface?
is there any update for this problem?
Thanks, bye.

Best Answer

Answers

• Guglielmo.CorniniGuglielmo.Cornini Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In my router I can exclude some domain from the rebinding DNS protection, should i exclude plex.tv?

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,921Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited July 25

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• Guglielmo.CorniniGuglielmo.Cornini Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Excellent, after excluding plex.direct from DNS Rebinding Protection now the plex uses the LAN interface for synchronization, thank you really bro.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 233Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Anyone know how to do this with a TP-Link router?