If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a known issue with the latest releases of Plex and Chromecast?

dhedrichdhedrich Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have verified I have the latest version of Plex Server and Plex Client Players. When casting from iOS, Android or a Chrome browser a movie will play for around 10 minutes and then present the "Ready to Cast" on the TV screen. I have no problems starting up the movie again from where it left off, but still continues to play for only 10 minutes and then stop. Is this a known issue or is there something I can do to shake things up?

Answers

• njelson86@gmail.comnjelson86@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here - using chromecast on the main Tv (built in Android OS) and a separate chromecast dongle in the bedroom TV. Both seem to cut out and skip to the next movie/tv show after 20 mins.

I was testing and running the same TV show on the Laptop (direct from the Plex Server on my NAS) and this did NOT have the same 20 min cut out - so i assume the issue is directly at Chromecast - just not sure why... If anyone finds a solution i will be a happy bunny - new to Plex and the use of a NAS and this is NOT what i was expecting to come across

• tmalinentmalinen Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Had this problem, updated Plex Media Server and it went away. If you're already on the latest version then maybe a reinstall might work, or something.