If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Things I'd like Alexa's Plex skill to do

EricbazingaEricbazinga Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 21 in Voice Control (Alexa)

I just got my Echo Dot in this morning, and its Plex Skill works great. However, there are some things i'd like Alexa to be able to do that it can't, such as:

1) Read a movie's plot summary, cast, and what the movie is rated (G, PG, PG-13, R, etc.)
2) Tune in to live TV (e,g., "Alexa, ask Plex to tune in to Channel 5")
3) Schedule recordings (e.g., "Alexa, ask Plex to record tonight's showing of The Big Bang Theory")
4) See what is scheduled to record (e.g., "Alexa, ask Plex what's recording tonight")
5) Skip ahead or back when playing media (e.g., "Alexa, ask Plex to skip ahead one minute"). This one is supposed to be a feature already, but doesn't work when I try it.
6) The ability to play my music on the Echo itself, instead of having to turn on my TV every time.

Tagged: