If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

HELP! Plex Cloud on Apple TV 4

kyledesignerkyledesigner Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help because my Plex is now barely working.
I am using Plex Cloud to play movies from my Google Drive on my Apple TV 4. But I get constant buffering issues bot at the start and throughout playing a movie. Sometimes stopping for several minutes. Not sure what I can do to improve it.

My internet connection is really good and my Apple TV is plugged into the network directly via Ethernet.

Plex 1.13
Apple TV 4th Generation
tvOS 10.2.1
Plex Cloud connected to Google Drive

Any help of tips would be amazing. Thanks!

Comments

• kyledesignerkyledesigner Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone help?

• pkonnektompkonnektom Posts: 107Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 27

Sorry. I think everybody with Apple TV got this problems with Plex cloud. Got this problems myself as well. Thinking about another solutions like mount Gdrive and run PMS locally again , setting up everything for Infuse or get a tv-player that actually works (if there's such).

• kyledesignerkyledesigner Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How can I speak to someone from Plex about this? There website just sends you to the forums. I'm spending my money with them and Google Drive and it doesn't work!

• T'hain Esh KelchT'hain Esh Kelch Posts: 402Members ✭✭✭

@kyledesigner said:
    How can I speak to someone from Plex about this? There website just sends you to the forums. I'm spending my money with them and Google Drive and it doesn't work!

Post in the Plex Cloud subforum. Plex employees avoid the AppleTV forum.

@T'hain Esh Kelch said:

@kyledesigner said:

Post in the Plex Cloud subforum. Plex employees avoid the AppleTV forum.

They have completely abandoned the Plex Cloud subform forum I can tell. :/

@kyledesigner said:

Try using Facebook, I believe that's the only contact-option that really works, sadly.

And btw I highly recommend using Infuse. I'm using it entirely since yesterday and it's really pleasant and stable (and also very sleek).

This problems with Plex Cloud could take awhile.

• GForce10GForce10 Posts: 161Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's not you, I stopped using plexcloud and through my frustration, may an endless sever with the guide links below. I bought 4 plex accounts and thought the cloud feature would be great. The issue I got is that it will stop, skip, or go backwards slightly. Doesn't matter how strong your connection is.

Build the Awesome Plex Server (Automated Server Edition - UB16.04 VPS & Dedicated Server Use)
    a. Installs Plex, PlexPy, PlexDrive, Sonarr, Radarr, CouchPotato, Docker, Portainer, Apache, Wordpress, Ombi, RClone, UnionFS, & NetData
    b. Prevents API Bans, Prevents Upload Ban (UnionFS) and utilizes PlexDrive for all read functions
    c. Written due to Plex-Cloud Frustration & poor windows solution in regards to the use of Plex & G-Drive

Github Project: https://github.com/Admin9705/The-Awesome-Plex-Server/
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AwesomePlex/