Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Pixelated and cracking popping noises

ACR ServerACR Server Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I Have a Roku 2 Model# 4210X
Plex Version 4.4 Build 1
The problem just started happening about roughly a week ago.
I thought it may have been my roku being the issue but I tested hours on end day after day and the only time I have this issue is when using Plex on my Roku. The issue I am having is half way through watching movies on plex is the whole screen gets pixelated and the sound starts cracking and popping then the screen freezes. I have to literally unplug my Roku player to get this to stop.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Best Answer

• boblinthewildboblinthewild Posts: 125Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Check to see if your Roku has been updated to firmware v7.7. If so, this is a known problem. See the Roku forums for more information.

Answers

Accepted Answer

Check to see if your Roku has been updated to firmware v7.7. If so, this is a known problem. See the Roku forums for more information.

• ACR ServerACR Server Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you boblinthewind for your reply and help. You were correct and I did some searching and rolled back the update to the previous version. All is working great again. Thank you

Thank you boblinthewind for your reply and help. You were correct and I did some searching and rolled back the update to the previous version. All is working great again. Thank you

Good news @ACR Server! I'm glad that helped. Now hopefully Roku gets their act together and fixes this soon. :smile:

• fsnufferfsnuffer Posts: 1Members

As a work around I went into the audio settings on v7.7 and changed the selection from auto select to stereo and it fixed the problem. Did not know how to roll back to lower version.