If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stuttering/flashing stream - Version 1.7.6.4058

lucidnonsenselucidnonsense Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not sure if it just Direct Play to the chromecast 2, but on certain streams the chromecast will not play without buffering/stuttering/flashing. **This is not my server ** as it has previously played streams before at more intense quality settings, and also it still plays certain files. The chromecast readily plays streams from other sources (youtube etc) and the wifi is fine. My hard drive health is also perfect and the files that have problems can be played on ios, web player or on the PC media player.

The logs don't contain any clues as far as I can tell.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

This seems to have happened after the Version 1.7.6.4058 update.

Windows 10 media server

Answers

• Jefferson CavessanaJefferson Cavessana Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Some movies when uploaded to the chromecast are buffered all the time, but this does not happen with all movies, but some movies. I thought it might be my router, but I was able to do a test with the same movie on the LG smartv and it does not crash at all. can anybody help me?