If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synching of Watched Status

SkarSkar Posts: 220Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Good Evening.

I have 2 questions, which are kind of wrapped up around the same subject.

I sync TV shows to my surface Pro, from my Plex Server, to watch while away from home (So they become media on that device), the action to sync is made from the surface pro, I don't select the tv show on the server, and then pick the device to send it to.

1. I have watched them on the Surface Pro, they don't remain Watched. As soon as I exit and come back in they are unwatched again.

2. However, when I get home, I remark them as Watched, and connect to the network. When does the client match them as watched on the Plex Server I synched them from?

Or am I missing some important step out? Or does it not just work.

1 HPTC (WMC & MyMovies)
1 Samsung UE22ES5400 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE40F7000 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE43KS7500
Plexserver running on Synology DS918+, DS2413+ and DS411+.

Tagged:

Answers

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 233Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Double check, but I don't think it is a sync issue. The app does an AWFUL job of manually marking something watched when you are done. If I had to bet, the item was never marked watched to begin with. Again, you may have already checked this and it was actually correctly marked watched., Just a shot in the dark.

• SkarSkar Posts: 220Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have marked it as watched myself, for testing purposes. Next time I go into the app, it is marked as unwatched.

1 HPTC (WMC & MyMovies)
    1 Samsung UE22ES5400 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE40F7000 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE43KS7500
    Plexserver running on Synology DS918+, DS2413+ and DS411+.

• missionspartamissionsparta Posts: 233Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Skar said:
    I have marked it as watched myself, for testing purposes. Next time I go into the app, it is marked as unwatched.

After you mark it watched, back out of the series, come back in and see if it is still marked watched. I have marked an episode personally myself and come back later and it is marked unwatched. This app is a mess and they claim they are working on it, but nothing has been done in ages. Personally, I think the app should be scrapped and started over from scratch. I always here people blame the OS, but apps such as Netflix and Hulu look amazing and run great. This app is a technical mess, while looking and acting about as amateurish as it gets. Sad.