If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No audio to surrounds (5.1 or 7.1)

ripeartripeart Posts: 5Validating ✭✭

Hi, I'm having an issue where even though my source file is encoded in DTS, I do not get any output to the SL, SR, SBL, SBR channels. I only have L,R, & C. The receiver indicates that it is receiving a 7.1 signal.

I've tried every available combination of server, client, PS4, and source audio settings however nothing works.

PS4 is outputting LPCM and the "AC3" box in the Plex app is unchecked. Interestingly when I uncheck the "AC3" box I lose the center channel and only get L/R.

I do not notice this behavior in the Roku Plex app, therefore I do not believe the source file encoding or my receiver config is at fault.

I've attached logs. Could you please help?

Best Answer

Answers

• ripeartripeart Posts: 5Validating ✭✭

Hello, any advice here from the community?