If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Some movies locking on chromecast

Jefferson CavessanaJefferson Cavessana Posts: 8Members ✭✭
edited July 27 in Google Chromecast

Some movies when uploaded to the chromecast are buffered all the time, but this does not happen with all movies, but some movies. I thought it might be my router, but I was able to do a test with the same movie on the LG smartv and it does not crash at all. can anybody help me?

Tagged:

Comments

• gerozsoltgerozsolt Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • l-rsl-rs Posts: 177Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have at least two files that for some unfathomable reason crash my Chromecast 2. It plays, there's sometimes some flickering, then video freezes and audio keeps on going, then drops back to the wallpaper screen but I can't reconnect, so have to reboot the Chromecast.

I can't find any similarities (one is a movie and the other one episode in a series, where the others don't have a problem). I'm guessing this is a thing on Google's end (I'm on the beta program for firmwares) but they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

There's also an annoying thing where YouTube videos stutter when I have 50 Hz setting switched on in Chromecast's settings. Been around for ever but Google seems oblivious to it.