If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sign out of Plex for kodi, how?

TeutonicfuryTeutonicfury Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I must be missing something really obvious but how do I sign out of Plex for kodi addon? I don’t have a sign out option under settings within the addon. I’ve removed the device from my devices on Plex web but it’s remained logged in and removed the addon and readded but it keeps retaining my login.

Thanks.

Comments

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 29

When you are in plex for kodi, the user name is displayed along the top row. Select it. The sign out option is right below settings....

• TeutonicfuryTeutonicfury Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Not on mine it wasn’t. Under settings it said offline mode and when I selected that i never got any further issues. In the end I had to wipe kodi and start again. As I only use the Plex addon and one other it was no major issue and took a few minutes to set up. Now I’ve signed in to my login I do have the sign out option under settings.

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm curious - what device were you using? I've seen this on the FireTV. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling was what fixed it for me.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"

The fire TV is what I’m using too. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Plex addon didn’t work for me. After reinstalling it retained the old login details. I had to remove kodi completely and do a fresh kodi install.

• RDHoworthRDHoworth Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi, this has also affected me
    Clearing the Kodi app data fixed it, but is as bad as uninstalling, so Plex, please fix this

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I have a feeling you're hitting this bug:
    https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/issues/117

Something we are looking into.

@keithah said:
    I have a feeling you're hitting this bug:
    https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/issues/117

Something we are looking into.

Thanks looks like that’s the issue yes.

• magnomanmagnoman Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi is there any news on this as my plex addon does not have a sign out or in any where??

• s1r1s1r1 Posts: 2Members

any news, ? i can't log out and uninstall kodi is not an option

• jean_francoisjean_francois Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Try revoking the device via the Authorized Devices pages on the Plex website. it should force the log out and ask you to log in again if wished.

• s1r1s1r1 Posts: 2Members

@jean_francois said:
    Try revoking the device via the Authorized Devices pages on the Plex website. it should force the log out and ask you to log in again if wished.

Dont work.

• BKSteveBKSteve Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited November 8

I re signed in, so effectively signed out the old token by editing the file. settings.xml in
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex
    I changed line 5 value to nothing
    <setting`` id="client.ID" value="" />
    and line 10 to nothing
    <setting id="myplex.MyPlexAccount" value= ' ' />
    Then after restarting Plex for Kodi addon it sent me to the sign in page, did the link, and all working again.

PlexServer on Syno DS 412+, Plex clients on AppleTV4, Cubox-i4pro (OpenELEC, Plex for Kodi), iOS, windows

Hi BKSteve
    Thanks for information will come in handy on some of my machines.
    I have kodi on ATV4 and i am unable to see the kodi folder so this is not going to work unfortuanetly.
    Does anyone have Any other solutions? I do not want to delete kodi and reinstall.

• FithNickFithNick Posts: 11Members ✭✭

Thanks for the info BKSteve. I am 100% sure this is my problem. However, I can't find the settings.xml file on my Android box and I'm not sure how I would edit it even if I did find it. Does anyone have any experience finding and editing this file on an Android box?

• BKSteveBKSteve Posts: 45Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@FithNick said:
    Thanks for the info BKSteve. I am 100% sure this is my problem. However, I can't find the settings.xml file on my Android box and I'm not sure how I would edit it even if I did find it. Does anyone have any experience finding and editing this file on an Android box?

Mine was in Libreelec, I don't have any experience with Android.

PlexServer on Syno DS 412+, Plex clients on AppleTV4, Cubox-i4pro (OpenELEC, Plex for Kodi), iOS, windows

@BKSteve said:

@FithNick said:

Mine was in Libreelec, I don't have any experience with Android.

@magnoman said:
    Hi BKSteve
    Thanks for information will come in handy on some of my machines.
    I have kodi on ATV4 and i am unable to see the kodi folder so this is not going to work unfortuanetly.
    Does anyone have Any other solutions? I do not want to delete kodi and reinstall.

OK so I used ES File Explorer. Under the document settings I had to add .xml to the displayed file types. In tools, I had to enable "show hidden files." I then found the file settings.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.plex right where BKSteve said it would be. Edited the lines like in his message above, and it worked, I'm back up and running.

Also from the other thread - it appears that just deleting the directory /script.plex also works. But I didn't do that so I don't know for sure.

I can not delete plex script as i can not see it on ATV 4.
    There needs to be a way from within the pluggin to allow for a new Token