If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Force EAC3 to AC3

displaceddisplaced Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I have an amp which supports regular AC3 fine, but not EAC3 -- I only get silence.

I can get 2.0 audio on EAC3 files by disabling passthrough in OpenPHT's settings, but clearly I'd rather have 5.1 than 2.0!

I've tried various combinations of OpenPHT audio settings without any luck. Is there some tweak for OpenPHT that can support this? Or, is there a Media Server XML profile I can use which will change nothing except force EAC3 to be transcoded to AC3 for OpenPHT?

For info, I'm running the latest OpenPHT on a 2014 Mac Mini (macOS Sierra) and using the Mac's optical-out for audio. My receiver is a Yahama RX-V350.

Thanks!
Chris

Answers

• MontagoMontago Posts: 100Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem but managed to find a solution for RasPLEX by letting the client convert the audio.

I would love a solution where PMS converts EAC3 and DTS-HD to AC3 too !

• displaceddisplaced Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I found an XML file that has resolved this for my AppleTV3, but no fix for my main TV/Receiver, running OpenPHT.

Still, I kinda solved this... just upgraded from my old Yamaha RX-V350 to a shiny new Denon AVR-X2400. Not exactly a cheap answer :)