If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Media playback from desktop to Pioneer VSX-45 receiver

sysopchrissysopchris Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is a new receive and the 1st I've had with network access. I am wondering the best method for streaming. Currently I am using Chrome-cast within Plex on the PC or Android device. I have the option to right-click on a media file in Windows Explorer and select Cast To for the receiver but I'm only able to hear the audio this way regardless of video format. Also, in the receiver's input selection is Media Server where I see DLNA and Plex but the same results here, no video.
If Chrome-cast is already the best method available to me then I'm wasting my time exploring these other options. That's just something I don't know so I am hoping someone here does know about this.

Thanks...