If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Videos pause after a few seconds

ecsrotrecsrotr Posts: 1Members
edited July 31 in Rasplex

I have a problem playing videos taken with my GoPro (Hero 5 Black) 1080@50fps. All videos play for a couple of seconds and then there is a pause between 5 and 30 seconds before the video continues to play. Very annoying. Im using latest version RasPlex on my RPi3 and the server runs at a Synology NAS 216Play. I have also installed a server on my PC to see if that helps but the issue is still there. Videos taken with an older video camera (also HD but 25fps) plays without a problem.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some kind of buffering going on but are there any settings I could apply to fix this? All equipment is connected by wire and I have an Apple Airport Extreme as router and a 12 port NetGear switch in between as well. I have no issues streaming any type of content to my TV like netflix etc.

Any ideas?

/Robert

Tagged:

Answers

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,282Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@ecsrotr said:
    Videos taken with an older video camera (also HD but 25fps) plays without a problem.

I think the Raspberry Pi only supports video frame rates up to 30fps
    Everything above that needs to be transcoded by the Plex Server. Which in your case fails because your NAS has a CPU that is too weak to do that fast enough.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging