Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Screensaver mixing photos and fanart

CoxeroniCoxeroni Members, Plex Pass Posts: 330 Plex Pass
edited August 1 in OpenPHT

Since today the screensaver in my OpenPHT embedded 1.8.0 mixes fanart and photos randomly although I specially selected photos in screensaver settings and until today this was also working fine.

Dunno if this has to do with the recent upgrade to PMS 1.8 but it was the only thing I have changed so it is not impossible ;)

Edit: Same happens on OpenPHT for Linux.

Best Answer

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Members, Plex Pass Posts: 330 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

In the meantime I opened an issue at GitHub..

Answers

• smoldersonlinesmoldersonline Members, Plex Pass Posts: 283 Plex Pass

+1 here. I switched skins, that may have caused the issue here.

• terranocuusterranocuus Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same here as well. OpenPHT now shows media images with my photos, which I don't want. I believe it's related to PMS 1.8, as I ran that update the other day.

edited August 7

Good that I am not alone with this issue. I had to disable the photo slideshow screensaver although I enjoy looking at my photo library while listening to music.
    But is there any chance of this getting fixed? Should I file a bug report with GitHub?

Accepted Answer

In the meantime I opened an issue at GitHub..

• smoldersonlinesmoldersonline Members, Plex Pass Posts: 283 Plex Pass

@ Coxeroni: Thank you!

• paulhuntterrypaulhuntterry Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I have been using openpht 1.8.0 since release on a Raspberry PI 3 with the plex black edition skin, screensaver has shown photos exclusively for months until the latest plex server update to 1.8.0.4109.
    Just reverted to the non plex pass 1.7.5.4035 to see what happens.

@paulhuntterry I am interested in the outcome, but I guess this will solve the problem as it worked flawlessly before as you say.

Reverting to 1.7.5.4035 returned the screensaver to its previous photos only behaviour. I’m always cautious reverting software but haven’t seen any ill effects so far.

1.8.1.4140 is now out, does anyone know if this has fixed the screensaver issue?

edited August 16

@paulhuntterry said:
    1.8.1.4140 is now out, does anyone know if this has fixed the screensaver issue?

I just updated the server but the issue persists :(

• JimmyUkJimmyUk Members, Plex Pass, Plex Pro Installer Posts: 5 Plex Pass

Glad this has been highlighted. Is the GIT public?