Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account

Hogyo3572Hogyo3572 Members Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Hello,

I can'y sync medias on my mobile device.
Have the plex pass, but nothing to do: I always get the same message "Please ask the server owner to allow sync for your account" !

Thanks for your help !

Fabrice

Answers

• adamskoogadamskoog Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 2,551 Plex Ninja

I'm guessing you are not logged in as the server admin to your mobile device?

It's telling you that the server owner needs to enable your account for syncing. Here is the documentation for editing a share, please see the screen cap under the Restrictions heading. The checkbox "Allow Sync" needs to be turned on for your user.

• R4SCALR4SCAL Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

@adamskoog said:
    I'm guessing you are not logged in as the server admin to your mobile device?

It's telling you that the server owner needs to enable your account for syncing. Here is the documentation for editing a share, please see the screen cap under the Restrictions heading. The checkbox "Allow Sync" needs to be turned on for your user.

I am having this problem too, but I AM logged in as the server admin therefore I can't edit restrictions for my own account. Any other ideas?

• tegan626tegan626 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Anyone actually solve this problem? I'm in the same boat.