Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why Android Plex App doesn't show the same quality choice than the plex web app ?

TiboLeGentlemanTiboLeGentleman Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2

I've recently bought a Chromecast 2 and it works great with my plex server.
On a local network, the question isn't revealant and choose a lower quality transcoding it's not usefull because there's enough bandwidth. But when I want to view a movie over internet, I've to choose a lower quality due to my poor adsl connexion.

The maximum quality than I can choose without buffering is 720Kbps. When I use the Plex Web App on Chrome to cast, there's no problem. I've all the choices in the quality menu. But when I use the Android Plex App to cast, dependent of the movie, I've not all the quality settings.

When it's a 1080p movie, Android Plex App give me all the quality setting : 240Kbps/320Kps/720Kps/1M/1.5M/2M/...
When it's a lower resolution movie, I've only three choices : 240Kbps/1.5M/Original

It's a little bit strange, and it's not a CC2 limitation, because it works great with the Plex Web App on Chrome.
Is there a bug or something else on the Plex Android App ? Someone else has this problem ?

Thanks !