If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Lagging and freezing screen

stergiosastergiosa Posts: 1Members

Sometimes when i Watch a Movie with Plex on my TV the Movie freezes and lags. Why is that?? If i turn the quality down it plays without lagging och freezing but i should be able to Watch a Movie in original quality without the Movie freezing. Does anybody have some tips on how to fix this issue. I use the app installed on my TV and connected on my 5 G network without a Cable.

Answers

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,782Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

To determine if this is a Plex Media Server issue or an issue with the Plex app for Roku, the best way to isolate an issue is to use another Plex player. If this issue occurs on multiple Plex players, then this is an issue with your Plex Media Server, not the Plex app for Roku and should be reported to the section of the forum for Plex Media Server on your operating system.

If you do not have another Plex player, you can always use the Plex Web app from a browser on a computer, tablet, or phone other than your Plex Media Server computer. See Opening Plex Web App. Make sure the computer, tablet, or phone connects to your home network with the same method (Ethernet or wireless) and from the same distance (do not stand right next to your router if your Roku is on the other side of your home).

If this an issue that only occurs on the Plex app for Roku, including more data about your setup, (operating system, Plex Media Server version, and Plex player app version), the media you are trying to play (the codec information and source (local, online or remote)), and your Roku Logs will ensure that others here have the data necessary to help you diagnose your issue.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ