If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watch and record channels with no EPG

Micha BessemsMicha Bessems Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to be able to watch and record channels that do not have an EPG with Plex PVR. For some reason Ziggo Sport (NL) has no EPG and is thus not showing in Plex. Since it broadcasts Formula One it would be great if you could enable Live viewing at least and develop a way to record based on user provided timed settings.

Comments

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

This is a limitation currently with our DVR feature. This is on all clients, not just Android mobile.

• Micha BessemsMicha Bessems Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Currently, meaning you're working on it? I'll gladly wait for the functionality.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 17,161Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It is something we would like to add, but unfortunately I have no news when/if it will happen.

• barrystaesbarrystaes Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problem and even for the same channel. Actually recording F1 races was the reason i tried Plex DVR ... but nope!

• giopasgiopas Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think it is what I would also achieve: have the possibility to watch channels even if it does no match with a proper EPG.

In practice, I would like to access the .ts streams (labeled as they appear in the m3u file) even if the channel is not recognized.

Is that now possible? How? Thanks!

What m3u file? The EPG data is not in m3u format.

• giopasgiopas Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My question is: is it possible to open video streams (via a m3u file) without having to necessarily match the information (i.e. the channel) to EPG data?