If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Duplicate Live TV Channels

danielehlers@aim.comdanielehlers@aim.com Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I view channels within the Android Plex App, I see two of each channel. Is there any way to dedupe the channels? Or would this be considered a bug? I don't know if it is related, but I assume it is...I have a Hauppauge Win-TV Quad which is considered two DVR Tuners within the Plex Server. The channels are deduped on the Plex server itself within the web app, but just not in the Android client.

Tagged:

Answers

• philathomasphilathomas Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd like to get an answer on this too, looks like there is SD and HD of the same channel, I'd like to just display HD.

• sirmeilisirmeili Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any answer to this? I just set up my HDHomeRun Quatro and I see 2 of every channel. It's kind of ruining the WAF.

• zackhubbard721@gmail.comzackhubbard721@gmail.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did you ever find a resolution? My program guide shows each channel 3 times and it’s obnoxious

• gary.zwgary.zw Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm getting Duplicate Live TV Channels also. Any solution? I have the SiliconDust HDHomeRun CONNECT.

• failure404failure404 Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited February 22

Certain channels can be disabled by unchecking them in the channel mapping list. On the tuner settings page on plex web click on "xx active channels" to get to that list and uncheck channels you don't want.

• suresh.khirwadkar@gmail.comsuresh.khirwadkar@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@failure404 said:
    Certain channels can be disabled by unchecking them in the channel mapping list. On the tuner settings page on plex web click on "xx active channels" to get to that list and uncheck channels you don't want.

doesn't make a difference. in my web app I have no duplicates, but on my fire tv app I have 3 of each channel, 2 of which won't play anything. No channels are duplicated in the tuner list.

I tried deleting cache, data, uninstalling it and reinstalling it, restarting fire tv stick, restarting server, deleting server and reinstalling it, deleting all tuners and reinstalling....still shows 3 channels each with 2 not working!! driving me crazy

• jhorningjhorning Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing the same thing as well. I added a HDHR Quatro a couple of weeks ago and then deleted it. I added it back again today and am seeing the duplicate channels.

I think it is holding on to the old data because I re-positioned the antenna this time and a few extra channels were added and at least one wasn't found. I am still seeing the removed channels in the list but they don't work and the new channels are duplicated.

• JumbsJumbs Posts: 136Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I got this too, and i concur with the reason. I removed and rescanned a few times, not i got 2-3 copies of every channel.
    Anyone know the DB to clear?

• chris_j0neschris_j0nes Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. Any fix for this?

• ThePlexMasterThePlexMaster Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem using the apps on my Android phone and on my Nvidia Shield TV. It started after re-scanning for channel changes using Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD PCIe Card.

• GenXBotGenXBot Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue. Plex running on Synology NAS, SD HDHomerun Prime. Seeing duplicate guide entries on Android and Roku apps. Also, when will Samsung SmartTV be supported for live TV/DVR?

• Flopchop14Flopchop14 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 15

From what I have found, when you scan for channels and get to the next stage ( selecting channels ). There is a drop down giving you different guides i.e Freeview etc. There is also a Over the air broadcast section. I disabled that and just selected Freeview ( which was what I need. Yours may be different ). This removed the duplicates.

I have an unsupported tuner ( So for you it may be different )

Hope this helps!