If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

FreeNAS 11 Jail: Plex not showing new media

therangelfamily1218therangelfamily1218 Posts: 1Members

Fresh install of FreeNAS 11. I installed this a few days ago, when I re-installed, I added all my existing media. Everything worked fine.

Today, I added a few movies and TV shows after scanning the libraries, neither of them will show up in the Plex library. I can play all of the movies and media via any Plex client I have tried, the new stuff just isn't there. These are all MKV files.

I am following the naming and directory convention recommended by Plex.

I have tried re-starting the Jail.
I have tried re-adding the library in Plex.

I have verified (via shell) that the new files are in /media in the jail.

Any ideas?

Answers

• oviziiovizii Posts: 30Members ✭✭

I don't want to hijack your thread but this sounds very close to my issue but I am running the latest freeNAS 9.10.UXX

a working pair of plex + sabnzbd + sonarr and suddenly (no major updates made only minor, i.e. new update of sabnzbd and new plex plugin update) newly downloaded media is not seen by plex.

I have manually checked media permissions and also manually tried refreshing all plex libraries and yet new media isn't picked up by plex.

Would also be interested on how to debug plex.

• Billy_DicksonBilly_Dickson Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue with Plex on FreeNAS 11, the permissions are correct, but the plugin doesn't allow me to add the media (browse outside the jail). Does't even work if I just type the path in the box.

On another thread, it suggested that I change the security settings that allow external access from the jails to external volumes. I tried that with no success.

sudo sysctl security.jail.enforce_statfs=0

Any suggestions to solve this problem appreciated.

• oviziiovizii Posts: 30Members ✭✭

@Billy_Dickson said:
    I'm having the same issue with Plex on FreeNAS 11, the permissions are correct, but the plugin doesn't allow me to add the media (browse outside the jail). Does't even work if I just type the path in the box.

Well, you do not access storage outside your jail, you mount the storage into your jail. Go to your FreeNas dashboard where you manage your jails and mount the storage into the jail Plex is using then it will be available from within Plex.

• sideoutdude16sideoutdude16 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've followed every steps that youtube provided and tutorials everywhere. I could not find the mounted drive that i should be seeing "/media". There should be two "drives"... Plex and then /media.

so are you saying that i should change my destination from /media to /var/db/plexdata/plex media server instead?

advise please.

• sideoutdude16sideoutdude16 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 4

after posting this. i made the changes with the jail storage by having source point to the media folders then the destination pointed to /var/db/plexdata/plex media server

sure enough it showed up and i was able to scan and add libraries including tv shows and movies.

• wolfi_1972wolfi_1972 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same Problems can anybody help me

• slwtx1983slwtx1983 Posts: 51Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been having this problem for the last couple of version updates. The FreeNAS Plex app no longer shows the mounted storage. You can type it in manually, though, and it works without any issues. It just DOES NOT show up in the browser. I was just coming to finally put in a ticket for this when I saw this thread. It happened to me on FreeNAS 9 and 11.

• Julian BranyJulian Brany Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

To the original poster: I seem to have a similar problem. Plex won't index any of the files (mkvs and music) I recently added to my server, all old ones play fine though. Did you ever fix your issue? Any help greatly appreciated.