If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PMS on FreeNAS, duplicated file names??

shnatkoshnatko Posts: 2Members

I'm running into a weird issue w/ my video files ( home movies ) on my PMS running on a FreeNAS machine.

The problem I'm hitting is PMS seems to be changing the names of a bunch of files to that of a file that isn't even in the same folder an doing it multiple times. For example in the library folder shown, I have 12 copies of what PMS thinks is a file named "2011_car_trip_00007" when 1) that file does NOT exist in my "2014_car_vids" folder and 2) why the heck are there so many copies of it??

If I edit the file, I can see the actual file path and name under the info section and it is correct, but under the general section, both the title and sort title are incorrect.

I can manually edit the file but I have MANY files that this is happening to and I don't want to manually change 100+ occurrences. I don't know why the application is having so much trouble w/ the file names.

NAS info: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201512121950
PMS info: 1.5.5.3634

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Tagged: