If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PLEX FOR KODI repo for ALL PLEX USER ?

DENIS HOMEDENIS HOME Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

A question from a friend i couldn't answer. Is PLEX FOR KODI will be allowed to all plex users, or still reserved only for PLEX PASS PREMIUM ?

Synology DS214PLAY + NEXUS PLAYER with PLEX = Mega fun on my Plasma Pionner Kuro PDP-LX5090H

Best Answers

Answers

• DENIS HOMEDENIS HOME Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

thank you. Do you know if the development will continue ? It is now almost few month the version haven't move from v0.0.102.

Synology DS214PLAY + NEXUS PLAYER with PLEX = Mega fun on my Plasma Pionner Kuro PDP-LX5090H

@danjames92 said:

@DENIS HOME said:

Also the plug in will break on V18 of Kodi.

So, that's means i should stay on KODI 17 until an official PLEXFORKODI will be confirmed for KODI V18 ?

• UncleGuidoUncleGuido Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I sure hope that the development will continue. I actually am just starting Kodi while in search of problems in Plex. Plex cloud support is too limited, I have way to many dvd images I cant use with just Plex, and now, with unlimited Amazon drive leaving, I am forced to rethink almost everything. I may just use both Kodi and Plex, since I ave a full Plex Pass, but the combo would be nice.

• foghatfoghat Posts: 340Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 17

@UncleGuido said:
    I sure hope that the development will continue. I actually am just starting Kodi while in search of problems in Plex. Plex cloud support is too limited, I have way to many dvd images I cant use with just Plex, and now, with unlimited Amazon drive leaving, I am forced to rethink almost everything. I may just use both Kodi and Plex, since I ave a full Plex Pass, but the combo would be nice.

Having a hard time understanding your problem is based on the description above. What can't plex for kodi do for you in its current state? Or have you looked at the Plex Kodi Connect add-on?

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/210023/plexkodiconnect-let-kodi-talk-to-your-plex/p1

• UncleGuidoUncleGuido Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am still in the figuring it out stage. I want to use Dr Who files that are linked with ISOs for each story arc. They have many behind the scenes videos, etc and the isos take all that into account. I have not seen anything yet that indicates that using the kodi-plex conglomeration (no offence to anyone or anything) will allow me to then play the isos with all their files intact while in Plex, rather the opposite has been brought up many places. If this can do the job, huzzah! and off I go, and thanks for setting me straight. If not, I still don't know if I need to run both everywhere and have special ways of hooking the computer to the various HTPC and Roku boxes around the house.

• danjames92danjames92 Posts: 3,241Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@UncleGuido said:
    I am still in the figuring it out stage. I want to use Dr Who files that are linked with ISOs for each story arc. They have many behind the scenes videos, etc and the isos take all that into account. I have not seen anything yet that indicates that using the kodi-plex conglomeration (no offence to anyone or anything) will allow me to then play the isos with all their files intact while in Plex, rather the opposite has been brought up many places. If this can do the job, huzzah! and off I go, and thanks for setting me straight. If not, I still don't know if I need to run both everywhere and have special ways of hooking the computer to the various HTPC and Roku boxes around the house.

Plex doesn't support ISO so Plex for Kodi doesn't support ISO either.

Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub

I my case, i like to use plexforKodi, because the combo KODI+PLEX plays divx files as direct play, so dont need any conversion that throttle my server, when Plex Player stand alone is a nightmare with divx files...
    For example, on local, Plex makes my Server NAS Synology DS415play, busy at 95%, which limit the number of users (mom and dad on remote for example) while PLEXForKOdi is not using a single % of the NAS processor. Does it makes sense ?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,294Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Plex for Kodi direct plays pretty much anything. Other Plex clients require more transcoding.