If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Problem with Chromecast Ultra: Annoying and frustrating!

daniellibdaniellib Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help with whatever is going on with this CCU. I believe its a problem with plex itself and not the CCU. My whole media library trans codes for some unknown reason, Its like its ignoring the profile i've set.

Transcode H264 to H264, HVEC to H264 and so on. If i play the files on the Plex App of my LG smartTV, No transcoding,

I've spent hours on this, tried pretty much every profile I could find but still cannot find a solution, it is driving me absolutely mad lol

Thanks in advance

Answers

• danielpontedanielponte Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try the 5.9 version of the Android App. 6.0 and newer dont have "Original" on Quality Settings. This is ANNOYING.

• daniellibdaniellib Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's frustrating,

Just wondering, with CCU, on a 1080p tv and watch a 4k video, Even though the CCU supports 4k, will it still need to transcode? I was under the impression that it doesn't?

Thanks guys

• danielpontedanielponte Posts: 152Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I believe it will transcode as your tv wont support the video at 3840x2160

• daniellibdaniellib Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Don't know how true this is, Just got told from the sales rep (he seemed quite knowledgeable) that the CCU will indeed play 4k files on a 1080p TV without transcoding as long as the correct profile is in place and the file is a codec that it supports. Can anyone confirm this? Or is this just rubbish