If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How can i get back to the previous version of plex web app with the older interface this new one bad

mrgregoryanmrgregoryan Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just updated my plex server on windows. my current version is 1.7.6.4058-8fa494d15.
The Web interface which i am using for years now with my lifetime plex pass changed and since that point, i am suffering with tons of frustrating bugs.
1st of all I hate this new look, much different than the previous one was and cant see through. Simply not clear
2, I need to press the full screen button multiple times because just does not work for the 1st try.
If i get to full screen,. the footer section remains. I can't get real full screen. I need to pause and resume 3-5 times the video till it really disappears. Piece of Crap if you ask me.
Then i feel constant lagging and struggling during playback.
Feel pretty cheap and unprofessional.
As I mentioned, I am using this app and server for years now.
I have 3 servers, Synology, Windows, and using on IOS devices and Web app.
please tell me the way how i can revert back to the older version which was a great product. Either tell me a link where i can downgrade my server side, or if i can just go back to the web interface old version and keeping the new server version.
This is unacceptable.

Many thanks

Greg

Answers

• battloid.kouji@gmail.combattloid.kouji@gmail.com Posts: 16Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you're on the local network of the server you can use the ipaddress:32400/web/index player instead of the app.plex.tv site. On my server the local player still has the old UI. That's what I've been using till they fix some of the issues with the new UI.

• cul8rmom1cul8rmom1 Posts: 107Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,
    So you are running 3 plex servers. You're asking about windows or all of them? Windows download the old version and reinstall it. Synology download the older version and choose manual install for the spk file. You have a server on an ios devices and web app? What version were you running before? I might have a copy of it for synology. I dont run it on any windows machine. I would think they have an older repository somewhere. I will did around for it and see what I can find. Can you go back to restore point on windows? Typically it will create one if you install new software. Do you make backups of your machine? Do you not keep downloads of software you install? If you have a backup maybe it will be in there some where.

Good luck!

My configuration
    Media Server Primary: Custom built ESX 5.5 server with DSM 3612sx 12x 4TB drives
    Media Server Secondary: Dell R610 running ESX 6.0 with DSM VM installed for plex backup/dev/testing.
    Media Storage Primary: DS1813+ 4GB RAM 8x 4TB HItachi NAS drives
    Media Storage Secondary/download coordinator: Synology DS1815+ 16GB RAM, w/ 8x 4TB mixed drives,
    Media Clients: Laptops, iPad, Android tablets, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Appletv3 (Plexconnect hack) Appletv4, nvidia sheild portable, ChromeCast, Roku.
    Network: 3x Dell Powerconnect 5424s. Asus router running merlin firmware.
    Surveillance Station: 14 cameras.
    And on and on and on......

• blaiceblaice Posts: 6Members ✭✭

I agree, this last, forced, update is absolute garbage. I can't even see subtitles through this trash UI, and like you said, you have to constantly pause and resume until the border finally goes away. Not to mention merely hitting on the screen or using space does not get rid of the header and footer, you have to hit the actual pause and play buttons multiple times. This is by far the most garbage UI I have ever seen on a video player. Makes me wish VLC would make a media server instead so I wouldn't have to use plex anymore. Plex has always seemed so good prior to this update to. Hopefully they fix this terrible "update" and rectify it to it's former glory and not this trash.

• MarcbaccaMarcbacca Posts: 2Members

@blaice said:
    I agree, this last, forced, update is absolute garbage. I can't even see subtitles through this trash UI, and like you said, you have to constantly pause and resume until the border finally goes away. Not to mention merely hitting on the screen or using space does not get rid of the header and footer, you have to hit the actual pause and play buttons multiple times. This is by far the most garbage UI I have ever seen on a video player. Makes me wish VLC would make a media server instead so I wouldn't have to use plex anymore. Plex has always seemed so good prior to this update to. Hopefully they fix this terrible "update" and rectify it to it's former glory and not this trash.

I second that. This new interface is well, buggy beyond belief. Videos freezing, full screen not cooperating. I changed to ipaddress:32400 for now.. uses the old interface on the server... but still, this new player seems almost untested. Anyway, hope the devs read this and fix things up, thanks!

• fleinbachfleinbach Posts: 230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 11

I totally agree It was such a pleasure to use for over 3 years, now it is a total disaster. It has changed and looks totally different and works horrendously. The controls are totally changed. Full screen and the "x" to close it have swapped places. I used to be able to control volume by simply rolling the wheel on my mouse now you have to hoover over the volume control and slide it which is much more difficult to do to fine tune. If the mouse is let go in the control area the controls stay on. This never happened before this change. Subtitles work intermittently. I really have loved using Plex for years via the web UI but now it is Very frustrating to use.

TheaterRooms.com

My setup: Home built server Gigabyte X99 Motherboard/ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz 6 Core/ 32.0 GB RAM/ OS Drive Samsung 500GB M.2/ PLEX Database Samsung 500GB SSD / Media storage 7 Seagate 6TB HDD/ Windows 10 ////

USERS: 54 Friends & Family/ Max concurrent streams 17 was on Jan 15 2017

• drkwtsndrkwtsn Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have had plex since forever and this is a terrible update, the fullscreen doesnt work for me and I find myself just using VLC now to watch my videos until the webapp is fixed.... Come on guys, this should of been cleared up with easy testing

• mrgregoryanmrgregoryan Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi Guys!

Great to see, that many people have the same problem and feels the same like me.
    Also thanks for the responses and the ideas, Suggestions.
    Can anyone tell me which was the last version contained the great old UI?
    I would change that back!
    I tried to go back to 1.7.0 already but did not helped.
    The remote web app remained the shity new UI.
    I found an old version for synology, thanks for the offer about the installer.
    I have 2 more windows servers 1, uses a very old version, the other is not at 1.7.3 but this is my priority server so this should be fixed.
    Do you really think if i change back the server version on my win servers, the UI on the plex.tv will go back to the older one?
    Appreciate the answers,

Greg

• Cybertron2600Cybertron2600 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That simple fact that I cannot control the volume easily with my wheel mouse anymore makes this new UI totally useless for me as well. I'm glad others are seeing issues too, hopefully this gets pulled and beta tested first before its released again.

• xtelosx@gmail.comxtelosx@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This update basically rendered all web players useless for me. PHT and Open PHT seems to be stable still but i much prefer the browser based ones when using the PC while streaming.

• fleinbachfleinbach Posts: 230Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13
     I am a huge Movie/TV buff. I started collecting around the mid nineties. I used every media center software that came along. None did a very good job until Plex came along. I discovered it over 3 years ago and it was fantastic. It made keeping up with TV series a dream. Not to mention being able to share. The web UI was as good as it gets, that is until now. Using a mouse to navigate is hands down way easier then any remote control. I know everyone who uses an HTPC totally understands this. 

I wish there was a way to communicate this problem to some Plex tech but that has become impossible. The only thing anyone can hope for is to make a post on this forum and hope someone sees it. Several years ago that was no problem now it is almost impossible to get anyone's attention.

As for going back to an earlier version, that would just be like putting on a band-aid. First I can find no place to find an older version and second that means you lose the new features like live TV and any issue fix's. 

I did as battloid.kouj suggested and logged into my local server IP and am working fine for now. Thanks battloid.kouj. But suddenly  I am getting calls from my friends as they are stuck with the new web UI and it is locking up on them. They have no choice so they are stuck with the problem.

Does anyone Know how to get help with this Problem. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Also can anyone tell me why my posts are broken up? They keep getting separated into 3 sections.

TheaterRooms.com

My setup: Home built server Gigabyte X99 Motherboard/ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz 6 Core/ 32.0 GB RAM/ OS Drive Samsung 500GB M.2/ PLEX Database Samsung 500GB SSD / Media storage 7 Seagate 6TB HDD/ Windows 10 ////

USERS: 54 Friends & Family/ Max concurrent streams 17 was on Jan 15 2017

• Cybertron2600Cybertron2600 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is is just me or did the latest update remove the HTML5 video player when you try and navigate to the ip:532400/web?? If so, what on earth is plex doing??? So confused. Give us the damn volume wheel mouse back please!! And no, i dont mean just when i mouse over it. Unless you want to give that mouse wheel a different and equally useful feature. OR!!! If you've removed it due to patent infringement, Freaking TELL US. :-)