If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Controlling music quality in Plex Web App

jpsuttonjpsutton Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a good amount of FLAC content in my library. As it stands right now, if I attempt to play that back in the Plex Web App, it stops to buffer often. It's my understanding that the Plex Web app detects that Chrome/Chromium supports FLAC and chooses to direct stream that file instead of transcoding it. Is there a way for me to force the playback of music in Plex Web to always be transcoded? The quality settings under Settings -> Web -> Player seem to be for video, not music, so I'm curious.

Answers

• thetysosthetysos Posts: 2Members

I have exactly the same issue. I have to switch to Safari at work because it doesn't support FLAC and subsequently has to transcode.

So +1 for having a dedicated option to force transcode and a quality setting for music like the one on iOS app!

• natelabonatelabo Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 Same problem... With EDGE and Chrome... Driving me crazy.

• jeanloid2jeanloid2 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It would be a great feature !

Testing the Plex Pass Beta feature auto quality...

Doesn't work ... Still wants to direct play.