If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What does the error "shaka1001 (Network)" mean?

IMDMonkeyIMDMonkey Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have searched high and low and nothing explains this error.

shaka1001 (Network)

This was during playback of a television show from a Plex Cloud server (Version 1.5.2.246) using the Plex Web App (Version 3.17.3) on a Windows 10 machine in Chrome (Version 59.0.3071.115)

Any explanation as to what this error translates to?

Tagged:

Answers

• BrewskeeBrewskee Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same error and none of my add ons play. Windows 10 on Chrome

• MrDevanWrightMrDevanWright Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, what's going on? I was watching a show, finished the episode, went to the next one, the boom. "shaka1001 (Network)." I can't get any of the titles to play because of the same error. Analyzing didn't help.

The only thing I can think is they enabled some sort of streaming cap? I currently have one other user streaming two other things.

Plex Cloud, Version 1.5.2.246, Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90.

MrDevanWright.com | Consulting On All Matters
    Plex Cloud G-Suite G-Drive 13TB | Chrome

• MrDevanWrightMrDevanWright Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Emptied Cache, Hard Reload. Problem solved.

Not sure if that fixed it, or it was coincidental. F12, right click reload button, empty cache and hard reload.

MrDevanWright.com | Consulting On All Matters
    Plex Cloud G-Suite G-Drive 13TB | Chrome

• mickey42743mickey42743 Posts: 1Members

@MrDevanWright said:
    Emptied Cache, Hard Reload. Problem solved.

Not sure if that fixed it, or it was coincidental. F12, right click reload button, empty cache and hard reload.

I just tried that and I'm still having the same problem. Must have been coincidental for you. Can you think of anything else you may have done that fixed it? It's driving me crazy.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is it only happening on Chrome? What about the other web browsers?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• p_martinp_martin Posts: 8Members ✭✭

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Is it only happening on Chrome? What about the other web browsers?

It is happening on Internet Explorer as well.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Well, from what I can find on the 'net, there's a javascript app called the shaka player that's designed for streaming video which doesn't require any browser plugins to function. The 1001 error is a BAD_HTTP_STATUS error. Hopefully a ninja/dev will comment on this error.

Where are my log files?

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• snickerssnickers Posts: 609Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 8

same here (Firefox and Chrome), WITHOUT Plex-Cloud .. just GoogleDrive connected to a root-Server....

You Guys using GoogleDrive too?

PMS: Ubuntu Server, i7 4770T, 120GB SSD, 5x5 3TB HDD, DigitalDevices DVB-C

PMC: 4x Mac OS - 3x iOS - 2x Android (buggy) - 2x Ubuntu (not working) - 4x Samsung-SmartTV (not working) - 2x RasPlex

• deadcitiesdeadcities Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing this on Firefox when steaming music connecting to a Media Server at home. It plays the first song, switches to the next song and then shaka1001 (Network) or just will not play the next song.
    Firefox 54.0.1 - Web 3.17.3
    IE 11.1480 - Web 3.17.3
    Media Server - 1.8.0.4109

• mrpunk2umrpunk2u Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Getting the same error on some videos using Plex Cloud on Google Drive through Chrome
    other media will play

• hectorgarrofehectorgarrofe Posts: 112Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@kegobeer-plex said:
    Well, from what I can find on the 'net, there's a javascript app called the shaka player that's designed for streaming video which doesn't require any browser plugins to function. The 1001 error is a BAD_HTTP_STATUS error. Hopefully a ninja/dev will comment on this error.

I hope it too... It's driving me crazy. :(

edited August 9

it's some misleaded error .. guess it has nothing to do with "shaka" whatever this is

PMC: 4x Mac OS - 3x iOS - 2x Android (buggy) - 2x Ubuntu (not working) - 4x Samsung-SmartTV (not working) - 2x RasPlex

• NiviuzNiviuz Posts: 2Members

I got this issue right now,

"An error occurred trying to play "%videoname%".
    shaka1001 (Network)"

i don't have plex pass

i don't use any cloud feature.

i have cleared cache in plex and in browser (chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official version) (64 bitar))

tried some other random videos, they work... what is this?

• NiviuzNiviuz Posts: 2Members

I solved it. In my case; The file was corrupted for some reason. it did not play even when started as a raw .mkv
    was easy to se what files had the problem. check info of the file in plex, if no info show up, its fucked.

weird error tho, very weird and not logical in any way :neutral:

@sa2000, do you know what this error means?

Where are my log files?

Is this the right link i need? I can't get the zip renamed with .bundle. it won't show in my channels. Is this even the fix for the playback errors?

• eygrabereygraber Posts: 226Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I get this error, Chrome's console show repeated attempts to get an m4s file from my cloud server which returns a 404.

is anyone here NOT using GoogleDrive ?!
    For me, it's the 24h API ban from Google .. just happened again.
    Why the heck isn Plex able to not fu*k up GDrive ?! emby works without errors. Plex startet and boom, a few hours later: GDrive ban .. it's brilliant

• Nicolas RobitailleNicolas Robitaille Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

August 6

I transfer my collection of Rocky (Bluray)
    AVI 1080P
    All movies work. Next day Rocky 2,3,4 and 5 stop working. Shaka1001 (Network)
    But Rocky and Rocky Balboa work...