If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex on freenas 11 doesnt add posters nor metadata to my media

a.eltegania.eltegani Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi everyone, i have recently installed Plex Media server and PMS Plex Pass on freenas 11, both dont add posters nor metadata, i have tried everything to fix it but nothing happens, both jails pings normally, i have tried different agents and nothing seems to work, any one has any idea how to fix this

Answers

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 639Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Most of the time this is the jail being setup without VIMAGE. The server requires the loopback interface and VIMAGE will deliver that. Otherwise, we'll need logs to examine further: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server

• a.eltegania.eltegani Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@gbooker02 said:
    Most of the time this is the jail being setup without VIMAGE. The server requires the loopback interface and VIMAGE will deliver that. Otherwise, we'll need logs to examine further: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server

I installed both jails with VIMAGE ticked.
    I have attached the log file.
    Plex Media Server Version 1.8.0.4109
    FreeNAS-11-Nightlies

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 639Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

It looks like you've either changed paths around or you have permissions issues. For example, with one of the thumbnails it tries to read /usr/local/plexdata-plexpass/Plex Media Server/Media/localhost/1/9a6ab852d2b1f9614a51794ee9c89c90e5eeafe.bundle/Contents/Thumbnails/thumb1.jpg and fails. Does this exist and does the user under which the media server is running have access to it?

Also, your setting for the networks allowed without authentication has an extraneous space in it.

localhost/1/ got there all of a sudden, i didnt create it, but here's what i did, and i did it with the plugin plex using the plugin jail, i used grep to get plex user ID and Group ID, then i created a group named plex with that ID and a user name as well, then i gave this new user ownership over my Media folder (the folder where i keep my movies and TV shows) then plex started to download metadata and change poseters and i found localhost/1/ folder next to my movies and tv shows folders.
    also i installed emby an hour ago, emby is downloading all the metadata and poster find, i dont know if emby has anything to do with localhost folder.
    and still plex pas which is installed with a standard jail doesnt load metadata nor posters.
    Where can i change the network authentication.

I'm having significant difficulty understanding your last comment. Are you saying you got it fixed?

The network authentication setting is List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth which is discussed here: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200430283-Network

i got it fixed for plex plugin but still not fixed for plex pass, and i had to delete the plugin anyways because i lost ownership of my media folder because i gave it to plex.
    and i tried the grep command with plex pass but it doesnt work, i thought i could do the same as i did with plex plugin, anyhow i dont think thats the way to go, i cant lose the ownership of my media folder.

• johnross2007johnross2007 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am in the exact same boat as Eltegani. I've attached my logs. Running FreeNAS 11.0-U2. Plex Pass running in generic jail with VIMAGE enabled.

Also, my HDHomerun will not record.