If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Web App don´t work with iOS Chrome Browser

MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,854Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

in moment it is not possible to use the "Plex Web App" with the iOS current Chrome Browser. With Safari it works...

Issue: When i login into plex.tv and klick to "Launch" the Plex Web App Ask me witch user i wood like to use (i have 2 Home Users). I select my user an enter the code... now nothing happens... just loading. Waiting don´t helps.

Test it with 4 iOS Devices all with iOS 10.3.3

What i do is to restart my iOS Device, delete Chrome and reinstall. Nothing help´s

What can i do?

Regards
Massaguana

Primary PMS: Thecus N10850, 16GB RAM, Intel Xeon Quad "E3-1225" 3,1 GHz

Secundary PMS: KVM VPS Server(https://zxplay.co.uk/), 2 GB RAM, 3 E5v3 CPU Cores (3664 Passmark), GSuite & ACD Storage Crypted with rclone and plexdrive

Media Storage: Thecus N10850 10x 6 TB Raid6 Crypted

Desktop Clients: 1 x MacPro 5,1, 2 x 27" iMac, 1x Asus Chromebox OpenPHT, 3x Raspberry Pi OpenPHT, Samsung TV KS9090
Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 6s, 1 x iPhone 6, 1 x iPhone 7+, 1 x iPad Air, 1x iPad Pro 12,9

Airplay Targets: 1x Denon AVR-4311 

Comments

• Brainsmoke77Brainsmoke77 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue experienced. Seems only to be iOS, tried Chrome on an android device, no issues.

• LEGENDARYxJAYxLEGENDARYxJAYx Posts: 1Members

I had this same issue. It seems they have made a mobile site that doesn't work. I was able to get it to work by requesting the desktop site.

• Geoff555Geoff555 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue for me. Has anyone found a solution?

• RobertrlsRobertrls Posts: 1Members

Same issue with me too. Launch plex from synology nas, with either chrome or safari, and screen stays black. If I request desktop site, it'll bring it up, but will not play. Just sits there with the spinning circle. Anybody have a resolution to this?

• MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,854Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

as known no reaction from Plex

Secundary PMS: KVM VPS Server(https://zxplay.co.uk/), 2 GB RAM, 3 E5v3 CPU Cores (3664 Passmark), GSuite & ACD Storage Crypted with rclone and plexdrive

Desktop Clients: 1 x MacPro 5,1, 2 x 27" iMac, 1x Asus Chromebox OpenPHT, 3x Raspberry Pi OpenPHT, Samsung TV KS9090
    Mobile Clients: 1 x iPhone 6s, 1 x iPhone 6, 1 x iPhone 7+, 1 x iPad Air, 1x iPad Pro 12,9

• Geoff555Geoff555 Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Since the start of this thread there have been both Plex IOS updates and Chrome updates but the problem still remains.

Come on Plex Team sort this one out please.

• Dom CDom C Plex Employee Posts: 998Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. While the web app is primarily designed for desktop use, it should work in this environment. I've raised an issue to look into this internally. Thanks!

• MassaguanaMassaguana Posts: 1,854Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

little Update with Chrome... After Select User and enter the Code the page jumps back to Select user...

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 46Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here running Chrome 63.0.3239.73 on iOS 11.2. Any chance of a fix anytime soon?

It happens when using app.plex.tv/web and app.plex.tv/desktop. Logging in on the local LAN so I don’t have to enter a code. I select a user, the page attempts to load the interface but seems to fail and falls back to the user select screen.

• axl7777axl7777 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Jan 18 still same issue

• MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 1Members

I' d like to add my $0.02 to this as well. Safari works and chrome doesn' t.