If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

The new web player blocks subtitles

jakovvjakovv Posts: 1Members

It is annoying that when changing the volume and pausing the video the bar at the bottom covers subtitles so it forces me to go back every time. The bar should be shorter, like it was before. Also, switching the fullscreen and close buttons was pretty pointless and is annoying.

Comments

• thebeatlesrebelthebeatlesrebel Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

ya i keep hitting the wrong one all the time if nothing else it would be better if they were both down on the bottom. switching them just made it a mess

• jhimandrew29jhimandrew29 Posts: 1Members

I second this. I thought I would get use to this, but months later, it still annoys the hell out of me. The bottom bar is unnecessarily big and blocks subtitles. Just accidentally moving my mouse activates that bar and blocks the subtitles. Also, in the full screen/tv mode of the windows app, the volume control is nonexistent. The past interface was much better. I don’t know why they thought this is a good design change. If it aint’t broke then don’t try to fix it. These design changes are dumb.