If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

streaming with a remote server doesn't work

PaycheurPaycheur Posts: 1Members

Hello,

When I try to cast a movie from a remote server (a seedbox) with my iPhone, it doesn't work. The movie is launched but stops a few seconds after. If I play the same movie without chromecast, just on my phone, it work very well!

I've the same issue when I try to play a media with Plex Media Server on Google Chrome (with or without using chromecast) BUT when I use Plex Media PLAYER (for Windows) or Google Chrome Extension, I've no problem and I can watch all the movie !!
So I can't use my Chromecast to watch any media on a remote server (because Chromecast is not available with Chrome Extension or Plex Media Player) and I don't know why.
Firstly, I thought it was my connection but why it work with Plex Media Player ??
I already tried to change the remote quality but nothing changes, even with a very bad remote quality !
For information, I've no problem to cast a movie which is on my local computer (with any player).

Sorry if my english is not perfect.