If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sony Android TV - Plex app/ Direct play

ThatGuyTedThatGuyTed Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The Android PLEX app appears to have had an update and none of my files will direct play anymore, my server isn't powerful enough to transcode but everything was running fine with direct play enabled. Now I can't even find the direct play option within the settings of the app?? What's going on??

Answers

• ipokampoipokampo Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Hi, I have the same issue but trying to disable direct play. My Philips Android TV is telling the server its capable of playing mkv with ac3/ac3 5.1 when its not, hence, the server is sending it through direct play, before the update i had direct play / direct stream disabled so that everything would be transcoded to my tv, how can i completely disable the direct play feature in my server, i don't ever want it to direct play / stream, I just want the server to transcode everything on the fly