If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Apple TV 4 Plex User Switch wrong content

rw.aldumrw.aldum Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 10 in Apple TV

Hi,

I'll start this off with a disclaimer that I have not found a reliable way to reproduce this, it seems to just happen after some use...

I have 4 accounts on my Plex setup, 3 personal accounts and a guest account.

Every now and then, switching a user results in the content not actually being from the new user:
plex would display another user's deck, and even track the entire profile (just under the new profile's name) - so if i mark something as watched, it mutates the state of the other profile.

This is very very annoying, and also poses the risk of things i dont want in the 'guest' account being accessible from the guest user by leveraging this bug.

The only way to 'resolve' is to force quit the plex apple tv app and relaunch it - after which it behaves fine for some time.

I have a suspicion that the bug gets introduced somewhere between there being a password on my account and the apple tv 'sleep' mechanism.

Any way to fix this / get logs from the apple tv to submit to the devs to look at?