If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Server on NVIDIA Shield crashes when offline syncing items

SantschesSantsches Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 10 in NVIDIA SHIELD

Hey

I am recently facing the issue that the Plex Server on my NVIDIA Shield is crashing occasionally when I'm trying to sync items to my iPhone.

I cannot exactly say when it happens or with what kind of items it happens, but the server seems to crash every time it needs to convert items for syncing.
It seems that the server on the shield is very unstable when transcoding items.
This is especially annoying since I'm not always able to restart it immediately and there does not seem to be a way to let it automatically restart on the shield.

Is anyone else facing this issue?

I will try to figure out when exactly this is happening once I get physical access to the Shield.

I attached the server log for debugging purposes.

Best Answer

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,451Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Plex Pass release 1.9.0 has a fix for another bug leading to deadlocks

See Release Note http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1514691/#Comment_1514691

• (Transcoder) Potential deadlock with static and streaming transcodes (#7410)

Initial feedback here indicates that this specific issue has been fixed

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows