If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to connect to content server

colotticolotti Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Never been able to get this working from SmartHub TV with app from Samsung App Store. Tried again today with no luck. What's the deal to make it work?

App and PMS are both latest code. I can browse all the shows and movies it's connected just won't play anything

Comments

• colotticolotti Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to work only on direct stream not auto or direct play.

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,343Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

You are probably using secure connections, if s,o please set them to preferred on the server and off on the app.
    With Direct streaming or Transcoding , the server handles the certificates and that works, but not all models accept the Plex certificates when in direct play.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• colotticolotti Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Server is set to preferred but need to check the app to disable. Where is it in the app?

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,343Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

It's under preferences > sysytem.

Tip: you can download the manual here.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation