Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CBS channel streams stopping - Shield Android TV

ctphillipsctphillips Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

Please help!

I like to watch streams of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on my Shield Android TV via the Plex CBS channel. Starting several weeks ago (possibly after the most recent Shield update), the streams of this show began dropping suddenly, usually after about 13 - 15 minutes of perfectly normal playback. Now I have to re-start the streams at least 2 to 4 times per episode. It's starting to drive me crazy. Watching the same show via the Chrome browser (in Plex/CBS channel) does not exhibit the same symptom.

Logs are located here.

The specific error displayed by Plex is: "Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost."

I disagree with this error as I can stream music all day without any problem. I can also stream 4K and 1080 videos with no trouble, even when transcoding. This problem seems to appear when playing lower resolution video files. The Colbert stream is 848 x 480.

Tagged: