If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

MKV files stopped playing after an update?

CptJames32CptJames32 Posts: 1Members

My plex server just did an update and now none of my devices on my network can play mkv files, neither can my computer browsers. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting, I googled it and some people talked about transcoding settings, but they are all fine. what else do I do?

Answers

• xtelosx@gmail.comxtelosx@gmail.com Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issues with all of the browser based players. Not a good update.

• tiki-plextiki-plex Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's crazy ... this issue keeps returning every other update:
    MKV's that played fine a day before the update suddenly can't be played anymore.

This is the third time this happens to me.
    A coming update will fix it again, that's my experience.

Really annoying.

• kres_jacobsenkres_jacobsen Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same problem. All MKV files just stopped working..... cant play on PC or Apple TV

• MarkSkinnerMarkSkinner Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here, tried Chrome, the Chrome app, both failed. tried Edge (windows 10) and it worked. So wierd.
    same pc , same server, same file, 2 different results. and it was working yesterday. of course i don't know how to roll back from the plexpass update I ran today. :(

• Ipn8bitIpn8bit Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue and it only came after I just bought plex pass. I really feel cheated. You spend 100 dollars for it to stop working? this problem is now 3 months old and no fixes?

• WarConsigliereWarConsigliere Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just checking in to see whether there's a fix yet. Apparently not.

• C-lonC-lon Posts: 122Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

... annoying! @plex staff: Is there a fix coming up?

• akkbarakkbar Posts: 4Members ✭✭

this is why I stopped updating my server since put the buggy, crappy new web player into the local server. I think they are just trying to increase app sales. scummy.. and to think I was just about to buy a lifetime plex pass