If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Large(ish) music collection slows iOS app to a crawl, 4.16

huntsj17huntsj17 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've synced my music to my iPhone 6S, almost 9000 tracks and every time I open the app it is so slow, I have to wait 10+ seconds after selecting any function for it to register. I think it's down to it wanting to check the sync status and download and newly added music.

It's been happening for months, not just the latest release. My server version is 1.80

Does anyone else have this issue ? Is it the sync ? Is it just parsing 9000 tracks every time I open the app ? Any ideas ?

Answers

• arobe79arobe79 Posts: 235Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have seen the same issue and posted about it here http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/280778/very-laggy-ui-on-ios-app-version-4-5-largish-synced-music-library#latest
    It does seem that the auto syncing is slowing things down. Would be nice to set a time for sync or something so we wouldn't get the lag.

Plex Media Server Intel G540 CPU 2.50 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.5 2 LGA 1155 Processor, Windows 10, Apple TV 4 X 2, iOS

• huntsj17huntsj17 Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah I've found turning off syncing using cellular data helps a lot if I disconnect from wifi.

But yeah having an option to specify sync times or manual sync option would be good

• arobe79arobe79 Posts: 235Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 15

Thanks huntsj17 turning off the sync over cellular does help with this some.

Plex Media Server Intel G540 CPU 2.50 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.5 2 LGA 1155 Processor, Windows 10, Apple TV 4 X 2, iOS