If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Amazon Fire Stick not connecting to my Plex Media Server

I have Plex app installed on my Amazon Fire Stick and it's not connecting to the Media Server I have running on my computer and it's in the network. Very annoying error.

Appreciate if any of you could help.

Connecting using host : 127.0.0.1 and port : 32400

Thanks,
Pawan

Answers

• Steveboy1028Steveboy1028 Posts: 2Members Plex Pass

Can't get plex on my firestick

• robsy5robsy5 Posts: 2Members

I'm having the same issue, fire stick on network ok, plex telling me I have to sign in on server. Done that but still doesn't see my server.

• AerogeeAerogee Posts: 1Members Plex Pass

I can't get Plex neither it say no server

• raginasian181raginasian181 Posts: 1Members

I'm having the same issue. It keeps saying on my fire tv app that my computer is offline or unreachable. If anybody can help. Also when it says make sure its the same network is it talking about having the same IP address. I have a wifi extender and so just wondering.

• robsy5robsy5 Posts: 2Members

Doh, was being really stupid. Updated the server and now everything is back to normal

• pawan.p3@gmail.compawan.p3@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

@rosby5 - Which version of media server did you upgrade to on the laptop? And which version of the app you have installed on fire stick?