If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Sync for Xbox One

theliltank4901theliltank4901 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I cant seem to see how to sync content to my xbox my internet connection is not the most stable in the world since im using powerline for my server so id like to download some movies on my xbox.

Best Answer

Answers

• theliltank4901theliltank4901 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

lol ok damn it was one of the reason i got an xbox one

• theliltank4901theliltank4901 Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

is it the same on ps4? cause im looknig for a machine on blueray player i can plug in download my plex stuff and watch it offline but also play blurays

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 283Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I believe so. In fact, I'm not aware of any Plex "TV" app that can sync. I'd expect Android TV to be able to, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't have it either as I've seen other threads requesting the feature. Too bad really as it would definitely help performance and provide a good back up when internet is down.

• HurlamaniaHurlamania Posts: 162Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@theliltank4901 said:
    lol ok damn it was one of the reason i got an xbox one

2 things if any console would add this feature xbox is more likely to. But i can't say if they ever will but plex is always trying to add as many features as it can to as many devices as it can.

Second keep in mind the updated 4k xbox one comes out in less than 90 days.

XBOX ONE, XBOX 360, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Android, Android TV, TiVo, Windows Phone 8.1 & 10, Windows 10 PC, DNLA, Chromecast, Samsung Hub Blu-Ray, Samsung TV 2016, ROKU 3, ROKU Streaming Stick.
    ~nWo 4 Life~