Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

xbox one app update please

zeldjanzeldjan Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

its been two years and the player is so far behind

Best Answer

Answers

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 265Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there anyway to get on the list to test the beta app?

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,841Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@mbarylski said:
    Is there anyway to get on the list to test the beta app?

I have forwarded on the communities interest in joining an open beta test for the app. However, at this time there isn't a beta open (for what it's worth I myself am not a part of the current testing branch either, so I do keep bugging them for more updates ), but I was assured that if that does change the developers will make a post on the Xbox One forums with instructions on how to apply.

• mattrowe1mattrowe1 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hopefully we get some news soon, as stated its been very quiet on the topic for a long time. Would like to join the Beta when it becomes available!

Does the Plex app send usage stats back to the devs? would be cool to know how many hours of content XBO users have consumed/watched using the XBO Plex app.

• mike4001mike4001 Posts: 519Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am sure we will get the UWP Windows app at some point. The current Xbox app is dead.

Problem is that the UWP has also been dead since around April .... so we can only hope they are working internally on the app and will release the update than simultainiously for Windows and XBox.

• richarddc79richarddc79 Posts: 186Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The update will probably arrive once PMP2 has been officially released, as will new apps for the Roku, Fire TV, PS4, Smart TV etc as all these apps including the Xbox have the same UI.

HP Laptop core i5 (Plex Server hardware transcoding)
    Lenovo M58p Core 2 Duo Windows 10 (secondary Plex Server + NAS - 4TB Movies + TV shows)
    Xbox One S
    Fire TV stick gen 2
    Fire TV stick gen 1
    Chromecast gen 2 wired ethernet x 1
    Chromecast gen 1 x 2
    iPhone 6
    iPhone 7
    iPad Mini
    iPod touch
    Fire kids tablet

• vaderagvaderag Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm so desperate for an update to this... it's my main plex client and the whole reason I signed up for Plex Pass...