If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Some AVI files don't play on iOS based devices

dalnewdalnew Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a bunch a couple of old television shows that are encoded using Xvid/MP3 in an AVI container. These play fine on my Roku Plex player and the web based Plex player. However, when I try to play these on an iOS based device (iphone/apple tv) the spinning circle shows it trying to load and then it immediately stops and starts the countdown for the next episode. Nothing ever shows up on the screen. I am using the Synology Intel based Plex Server 1.8.0.4109.

Any ideas other than re-encoding all these to some new format?

Mike

Answers

• dalnewdalnew Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It looks like with the most recent iOS iphone/AppleTV Plex app updates the video files now play. I guess this is resolved :)