If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No audio when playing some AC3 tracks

inghamninghamn Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having trouble getting audio to work in iOS for some of my media.

It doesn't look like the media server is transcoding, so the iOS app is getting the direct stream. In the Media Server logs, I see:

ClientProfileExtra: video transcode target already exists for streaming hls

A media file that works:
Codec AC3
Channels 5.1
Bitrate 640 kbps
Language English
Audio Channel Layout 5.1(side)
Sampling Rate 48000 Hz
Title Surround

And one that doesn't work
Codec AC3
Channels 5.1
Bitrate 448 kbps
Language English
Audio Channel Layout 5.1(side)
Sampling Rate 48000 Hz
Stream Identifier 2

The only thing I can tell is the non-working file has a lower bitrate. Does the iOS app require 640 kbps for AC3? Is there a way to tell the server to transcode the audio?

Tagged:

Answers

• MajicpandaMajicpanda Posts: 2Members

Be nice to see a response to this. Just got the iOS one time purchase to try this and it works fine on my brand new iPad mini and iPhone 6s, but I get no audio at all on my iPad 4. Everything I rip is only AC3 and any old posts I see to this saying to go into Advances Settings and Transcoder no longer appear to be in settings any longer.