If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Samsung v3.1.0 loses Navigation capabilities and highlighting of select area

I have had Plex fir a while and really enjoy it. I have also been using the Plex client on my Samsung Smart TV, but run into an issue on occasion where the app will launch but the highlighted selection box is not displayed and I need to exit the app then relaunch to get it to work.
I am not able to select a movie or show to watch, exiting provides the only resolution.

Tagged:

Answers

• MorphyMorphy Posts: 119Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a similar problem on my Samsung Qled 8 series. All firmware is updated , running latest Plex install on the tv . Also on my Qnap nas.

My Plex app seems to freeze , the only way I can "kill" is to go to tv menu - smart hub and reinstall the Plex app. Not uninstall - but reinstall. Then it works again.

Cheers

Morphy

• Wang.Chung.PlexWang.Chung.Plex Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

and here I thought this was a new Samsung Plex app feature to keep me from watching to much tv

would appear we await new Plex app release in a few months