If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Shortcut key to jump entire page at a time

paulystyle01paulystyle01 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited August 13 in OpenPHT

When browsing the movie library, I can't seem to figure out how to jump an entire page at a time. Scrolling through 300+ movies one at a time is very tedious. I've searched though the forums/Google and can't seem to find anything.

I use a Harmony Elite remote in an activity that contains a Media Center Keyboard device against a MCE IR USB adapter.

Answers

• nilsvnilsv Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Assuming you mean using your remote control on RasPlex.. Try channel up/ channel down!

My configuration:

Server: PMS 1.5.5 (PlexPass) running on Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) KVM with 3 vCPU on Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz and 2GB mem
    Main player: RasPlex 1.8 on a Raspberry Pi 2
    Additional: Google Pixel C (Android 7)), ChromeCast, OnePlus 3 (Android 7)

• paulystyle01paulystyle01 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 13

@nilsv Ah, sorry I should have mentioned that I use a Harmony remote along with the Media Center Keyboard device.

• eugovectoreugovector Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use a harmony and my channel/pg up down works in the Media Center remote device.

Any chance you've figured out how to send an "S" key command to toggle subtitles? Subtitle key doesn't work. My layout is perfect except for that.

@eugovector What is the device you have in your Harmony activity? I have tried a few different ones (Media Center PC SE/MCE Keyboard/Media Center PC) and none seem to work.

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 633Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Personally I control mine via bluetooth. I configured it as Entertainment Device -> Microsoft/Kodi. This has most of the configuration you'd want by default set (such as page up/down). Also the bluetooth is more responsive and accurate (if you hit left 5 times in rapid succession, it moves left exactly 5 times, every time). Then you can configure other buttons to send different commands or you can configure the .plexht/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml to do certain actions. I do subtitle cycling through those (the colored buttons across the top send a-d). Here is my file:

<keymap>
      <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
          <return>OSD</return>
          <enter>OSD</enter>
          <backspace>Stop</backspace>
          <c>NextSubtitle</c>
          <d>AudioNextLanguage</d>
          <a>AspectRatio</a>
        </keyboard>
      </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

I'm assuming you're using a USB bluetooth module. Which do you use?

@gbooker02 said:
    Personally I control mine via bluetooth. I configured it as Entertainment Device -> Microsoft/Kodi. This has most of the configuration you'd want by default set (such as page up/down). Also the bluetooth is more responsive and accurate (if you hit left 5 times in rapid succession, it moves left exactly 5 times, every time). Then you can configure other buttons to send different commands or you can configure the .plexht/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml to do certain actions. I do subtitle cycling through those (the colored buttons across the top send a-d). Here is my file:

<keymap>
      <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
          <return>OSD</return>
          <enter>OSD</enter>
          <backspace>Stop</backspace>
          <c>NextSubtitle</c>
          <d>AudioNextLanguage</d>
          <a>AspectRatio</a>
        </keyboard>
      </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

Ah. It would probably be helpful if I listed my components/setup. :-\

Dell OptiPlex 9020
    Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center
    Ceton InfiniTV 6 Eth
    Microsoft USB IR Receiver
    Harmony Elite Remote

I also use EventGhost to change mappings depending on what application is currently running. I have tried keeping EventGhost closed and just using the existing mapping of ChannelUp/Down on the Harmony remote but nothing works.

@eugovector What is the device you have in your Harmony activity? I have tried a few different ones (Media Center PC SE/MCE Keyboard/Media Center PC) and none seem to work.

I tried a number of Media Center devices, and all seemed to work about identically. Looks like I land on "Microsoft Windows Media Center" as the one I finally chose.

@paulystyle01 said:
    Ah. It would probably be helpful if I listed my components/setup. :-\

Dell OptiPlex 9020
    Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center
    Ceton InfiniTV 6 Eth
    Microsoft USB IR Receiver
    Harmony Elite Remote

I also use EventGhost to change mappings depending on what application is currently running. I have tried keeping EventGhost closed and just using the existing mapping of ChannelUp/Down on the Harmony remote but nothing works.

I'm on an Odroid C2, not a windows computer, but I'll explore Bluetooth control a bit. Looks like we're still waiting for the perfect Plex client.

• gbooker02gbooker02 Posts: 633Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I'm assuming you're using a USB bluetooth module. Which do you use?

I'm using an old (Haswell) Intel NUC with an Intel 7260 (not USB) in it.