If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPHT as a LiveTV client

SerpensAlatusSerpensAlatus Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

i would like to use openPHT additionally as a LiveTV client like in Libreelec. I have a TVheadend Server in my network. Is it possible to configure openpht to use this server for LiveTV?

Regards
Volker

Plexserver on HP Microserver Gen8 (Openmediavault) / i3 3220 / 4 Gbyte RAM / 1x500Gbyte + 3x2TB WD-HDD

Answers

• bkappsbkapps Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes. Get the channel on the unsupported app store. I use nextPVR on my openPHT.

• Vaughan01Vaughan01 Posts: 28Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm trying to do the same thing, contemplating looking at the code myself but C aint my thing :(

• wally007wally007 Posts: 1,255Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

IT would be nice to be able to use Plex' built in Live TV. It could be the only client with proper grid style EPG.

• daniel.culldaniel.cull Posts: 319Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i watch live tv via IPTV service, using the iptv plex channel, works well in openpht

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com

Check out the Epic Aeon Nox Skin for OpenPHT
    Like Aeon Nox 5 and want to donate some money to help support development? Click here to donate.

• lyfesaverlyfesaver Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Those of you able to get LiveTV in OpenPHT can I ask for a screenshot or two of the UI you are ending up with? The guide for sure if you could.

-Lyfesaver

• bkappsbkapps Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No guide with the nextPVR unsupported app. It just has basic squares for each channel and does tell you what is currently playing.

• SerpensAlatusSerpensAlatus Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 10

For Libreelec there is a plugin for TVheadend. I thought it might be compatible with openpht, because openpht isbased on openelec.

Plexserver on HP Microserver Gen8 (Openmediavault) / i3 3220 / 4 Gbyte RAM / 1x500Gbyte + 3x2TB WD-HDD