Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now.

adamrathsackadamrathsack Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been searching the internet for hours and have not found a consistent solution.

I am using an echo dot and amazon fire tv stick 2nd generation. The Plex skill has been enabled through the ios Alex App. The Plex server is accessible outside via opening the default Plex server port.

"Alexa, ask Plex to change my server" works great every time. She sees 2 servers.
"Alexa, ask Plex to change my player" also works great. If chrome is running she sees two players. If not she sees the the primary player which is "AFTT"

Those are the only ask Plex commands that work though. Every other command is met with "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing the plex skill right now".

Example of commands that do not work:
"Alexa, ask Plex what's on deck"
"Alexa, ask Plex to play game of thrones"

I have tried restarting all devices and disabling and enabling the Plex skill to no avail. Amazon states that this is an issue with Plex and that I need to contact their support.

Is anyone able to help me?